Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm needing some info on the throttle body body itself because I think I'm starting to have some problems with mine but I'm wanting to ask everyone here. One of the biggest problems it the RPM's fluctuate from 500 to 900 when the car is at idle and the car hesitates to get up to speed. I took my car into my local Ford dealership for diagnostics into such problem but they said it was normal for them to fluctuate like that because the car has almost 100k on it and the hesitating to speed up Ford couldn't figure out. So is Ford right about the RPM fluctuating or not. Also the car has recently been tuned up within the last 7k miles. New plugs from Ford and a Fram air filter. Thanks.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The build date on mine is March of 2010. So does this mean I need to replace the throttle body on my car?

·
Registered
85 Posts
It means that there is a known defect in the throttle bodies in that date range that cause the issue you are describing. If there is no other obvious reason why your idle would be fluctuating, then I would replace it.

--CDM

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Due I need to buy it from Ford themselves or can I get a cheaper one from Rock Auto or a auto parts store.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts