Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you swapped out an IAC valve on a 2010 or similar year Focus?

Just wondering if any of you have experience with the IAC valve on the 2010 ford focus, automatic 2L. Car idles fine when cold, but once hot the idle jumps around and rolling to a stop the car will jump forward.

RockAuto sells a replacement IAC valve (HITACHI ABV0001) for the car, can anyone confirm if this actually fits? I've heard that there may not be a IAC valve and it's electronically controlled.

Would really appreciate it if someone could confirm.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I can not confirm.

My vague and non-sharp memory says the IACV was engineered OUT of the engine as of 2008 car year models. This design change coincides with the introduction of the fly-by-wire gas pedal and throttle.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
North American 08-11 Focus idle is controlled by the ECU. That's why we get that little 'warble' on idle or why it drops so suddenly when we turn on the A/C.

I remedied my throttle inputs by adding a grounding cable to the throttle body that connects directly to the negative terminal of the battery. Improved throttle response and much less variation in idle speed.

Edit: You can also reset the system by leaving the battery disconnected overnight. It doesn't need to stay unplugged that long to reset, but it's an easy way to do it. That'll reset all sensor parameters to factory 'zero'

·
Registered
16,028 Posts
That late model car has electronic TB and no IAC on it.

'That's why we get that little 'warble' on idle or why it drops so suddenly when we turn on the A/C.'

The earliest ones even do that, like '00. ALL of them have computer control of the idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts