Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering where the fuel filter on my focus is located. Can't seem to find it. Feel stupid asking for help finding that, but I swallowed my pride years ago.[drinking]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
It's "hidden" (grin)

You have to crawl underneath & peek up between the fuel tank & the rear suspension...

All "should" be obvious from there...

Wrench to remove holder, & push the clips IN, then push fuel lines IN B4 pulling out to remove the tension on them. MIGHT have to push in to push clips in...

Pulling the fuse (fuel pump) & letting it run 'till it quits will reduce the "gas in the face" effect.... Alternatively, the wire to the collision cut-off at the right foot well can be disconnected for the same effect...

Luck!

P.S. - As it sounds like you've learned by now, the ONLY "dumb" question is the one you SHOULD have asked.... (grin)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Actually~ there is nothing to see!

You see, all the 08+ year models have a permanent fuel filter embeded inside the gas tank. So~ I'm afriad you have been looking for nothing my friend.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^This. I spent some time looking for mine as well, after buying one from the DEALERSHIP!!!!! only to find out that we indeed don't have a serviceable filter!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts