Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it would seem that my door lock actuator might have flew south for the winter. I was having intermittent failures with it (would lock the doors with the FOB and come back and the door was still unlocked, or unlock the doors with the FOB and the drivers door would still be locked) and it seems to have become a complete failure.

If I lock or unlock the doors, that one lock will stay in its same position. Anyone have experience with replacing these? I cannot determine the part number that needs to be replaced.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
So it would seem that my door lock actuator might have flew south for the winter. I was having intermittent failures with it (would lock the doors with the FOB and come back and the door was still unlocked, or unlock the doors with the FOB and the drivers door would still be locked) and it seems to have become a complete failure.

If I lock or unlock the doors, that one lock will stay in its same position. Anyone have experience with replacing these? I cannot determine the part number that needs to be replaced.

Thanks!
I was able to find these: Wiring Harness Repair Pigtail || Actuator - Door Lock, 6 Cavity & Door Lock Actuator Keypad.

Are either of those what you're looking for? I may not be a technician, but I'm handy with a search. :) You can also talk to your dealer to have a diagnosis to be sure exactly what the cause is, and get the correct part numbers.

Meagan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but I'd rather not take it to a dealer. I've had some of the worst experience by multiple dealerships in their service departments.

Anyone else have experience in dealing with the door lock actuator mech?

--CDM

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks, but I'd rather not take it to a dealer. I've had some of the worst experience by multiple dealerships in their service departments.

Anyone else have experience in dealing with the door lock actuator mech?

--CDM
If you do decide to down the line, I'll be here. :)

Meagan

·
Registered
17,147 Posts
Dunno about the later ones but earlier ones run dry of grease then they begin to seize up in various ways. Made up to destroy if you pull one apart and like 50 parts in there, some of which almost impossible to lube while unit is still together. I pulled mine apart and then drill/tapped for screws to replace ground off rivets holding it together, it pulled same stunt as yours and been working fine now for years. Pain in the butt doing it though. A coupla limit switches in there that if the linkage runs dry of grease, they do not quite contact to activate then. A tinkertoy mickey-mouse device if ever I saw one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts