Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to install a aftermarket radio in a 2010 w/o sync. I want to wire up a backup camera since its a touchscreen dvd unit. I have the PAC rp4fd11 wiring harness. Does the factory harness have reverse sensing wire and parking brake wires built in so aftermarket harness will be plug and play?

Thanks

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Neither are built-in. You will need to run those wires separately.

The parking-brake wire should be relatively simple to do. The reverse wire might be more interesting. You will have to tap off of the reverse signal wire.

Alternatively, you can just hook up a simple toggle-switch for manual use, less work, but not quite as slick.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Neither are built-in. You will need to run those wires separately.

The parking-brake wire should be relatively simple to do. The reverse wire might be more interesting. You will have to tap off of the reverse signal wire.

Alternatively, you can just hook up a simple toggle-switch for manual use, less work, but not quite as slick.
Actually I believe the PAC FD11 provides all that for you. Parking brake should be red/white and reverse should be green. Not exactly plug and play.... but crazy easy none the less.

EDIT: Yup.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Actually I believe the PAC FD11 provides all that for you. Parking brake should be red/white and reverse should be green. Not exactly plug and play.... but crazy easy none the less.

EDIT: Yup.
Interesting, I havent seen that. When I looked up the wiring diagram for the mk2 focus, I didnt see any lines marked as reverse/parking brake signal.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Most modules like that pull the info off the CAN BUS, not necessarily an analog wire at the harness. That said, I honestly don't know much about the Focus specifically, but rather just car audio. So it's entirely possible that harness does NOT give those features for this specific vehicle. Donno what it reads on the 2010 Focus.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts