Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2.3L from a 05 ST and figured I'll have to use the 2010 PCM to run it... I contacted a tuner for a tune to run the 2.3 and he asked me to use the 2.0 cams and intake manifold... Wouldn't the 2.3 cams and intake manifold would be the best?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
No.....Stick w/ the 23 parts......Look for another tuner if he can't or doesn't know how to deal w/ it....btw, a set of mild cams does wonders for the 23........

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,080 Posts
No.....Stick w/ the 23 parts......Look for another tuner if he can't or doesn't know how to deal w/ it....btw, a set of mild cams does wonders for the 23........
^^^he knows what's best.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
FF Affiliate
30,612 Posts
I have a 2.3L from a 05 ST and figured I'll have to use the 2010 PCM to run it... I contacted a tuner for a tune to run the 2.3 and he asked me to use the 2.0 cams and intake manifold... Wouldn't the 2.3 cams and intake manifold would be the best?
Use what ever PCM is stock for your Focus , use the 2.3 cams and Intake

I can do your Tuning for you remote and have done many of these

Tom

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The tuner answered that the cam position and trigger are not the same and makes it "untunable" I'll ask him to cancel it and I'll contact Tom, thanks

·
FF Affiliate
30,612 Posts
He doesnt have a clue what he is talking about , you can unplug the cam sensor and the engine will still run normal and make the same power

Change Tuners to some one that knows the Focus

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts