Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First want to say that I am sorry if this has been posted before and I am sure it has.

Ok so my final goal is 200whp without F/I. I have planned FS CAI which is done, F2 header and flex, and FS exhaust. I read in the dyno thread that all that will get me around 140. So what else would it take to get to 200? Is it even possible in a 2.0?

Thanks
-Jesse

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
yes, but NA is more fun!!lol, you will basically need a crap load of head work!!

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
NA is not more fun haha, just "cheaper" if you piece stuff together over a long period of time. All the power will be in the high end and you won't really feel it around town.

the only person who has gotten 200+whp NA is Egz and he did it with a 2.3L

200whp is easy with a turbo kit but its a lot more money upfront. It gives you gobs of midrange torque and your car will "feel" faster.

I'm boosting as soon as i can [hihi]

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I think I will just let it breathe better, and suspension, and brakes, then I will save for a turbo. And maybe by then they will have a supercharger.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I've had turbo'd cars b4, but there is just something about NA that I like!! lol, I think its better, but thats IMO. to each his own!!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
They are two different worlds. I'm just starting to dip into the fun of turbos now. [:D]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i hear once you go turbo you never go back...i can't wait [clap]

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
just the FS or f2 kits should be all u need. i think they come with a tune too. if ur not running high boost, like, say, 8 psi, you shouldnt need any internals. the stock cams are good for turbos too.

i had turbo, and im now n/a, but i miss the boost....its just so sweet when it kicks in. u just get pulled back in your seat.

and what evan said is true, its just that the turbo is so much all at once, which many people cannot do, esp. in this economical situation, so they stay n/a, w/little hits here and there.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
In my opinion, turbo is the best way to achieve 200 whp quickly. Can it be done on a 2.0l N/A engine? sure it can and to be honest, I believe N/A is more unique. Is something like you are talking with your friends and you ask, "So, how much power do you have in there?" and your friend " 'bout 240 blown ponnies yoo (civic guy), so what yo kikin in ther?" and you say "Not as much as you, probably 220-230hp N/A" His face will go like[bigcry]

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
but with the f/i you get better gas miles , right? as long as you keep your foot out of it.lol
no not modding gets you best gas mileage

the reason why a lot of factory turbo cars (i.e. VWs) get such great mileage is that they are small displacement turbo cars, like the 1.8T and now the new 2.0T. If you stay out of the boost you get excellent gas mileage, but there is huge power when you need it

however in an N/A car you can also get great mileage, as all the power is up high so unless you regularly rev past 4500k in normal driving, you will basically have stock gas mileage, i've actually noticed a bit more (especially on the highway) due to increased efficiency

1 - 14 of 14 Posts