Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Can I hit these numbers with these mods?

• not even close to 200 whp

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • around 200whp

Votes: 84 66.1%
  • a bit more than 200whp

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have decided to abandon my dreams of a turbo... instead, im gonna part by part build one of the first 200whp NA 2.0 Duratecs.... I am wondering, with the mods below, is it possible?

[read]
CAI (havent decided on which one)
2.5 exhaust (of MY choice, not yours... hah)
MarcyMotorsport IM (if they get em done! [rofl])
Cossie header
VF motor mounts
Xcal 2 (tuned by whoever! lol)
Cossie 67 mm TB
Stg II Crane Cams (cams, gears, springs)
lightweight flywheel/ stg 2 clutch
ported head milled for 12:1 compression (I'll have to confirm if it is possible for 12:1 due to clearance... dont wanna strike the pistons [;)])
forged rods/pistons and ranger crank(will be needed due to higher compression)

I think with all of this, I should be around 200whp... what do yall think? Im hoping to build a NA 8,000 rpm 200whp NA monster focus... hehe

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
with all that and a good tune u should be around your goal but not around the first to get there. there have been others with this same post and there are some that are already there and others that are off by like 10-20 hp

·
FF Affiliate
30,148 Posts
Who is close to 200 with a 2.0?

with 12 compression you wont be able to run on 93 octane

Your list is short about 3ooo.oo worth of parts , I would use the 2.3 head , cosi intake , 3 inch exh and ,larger exh valves and a few other things

If you can stand 12 compression and use 100 octane all the time your goal of 200 can be met with out a lot of trouble at all

Tom

·
Registered
109 Posts
Is Cossie meaning cosworth or is it justa diff company.

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it means cosworth.... I was just being short... well afetr talking to Turbo Tom for awhile, I have decided the NA route is gonna be way too expensive for too little power... sorry I know some of you wanted to see this happen... oh well...

·
Rebecca
18,758 Posts
I dunno, I think uou may be close, but I don't know if you would hit 200. You would need what 80+ wheel horsepower to get there? It would definately make your car quicker than what it is though, lol

·
Registered
930 Posts
I wouldn't mill that head to get to 12:1 compression.

Walter was running 12.5:1 on 91 octane in his silver race car. I'm pretty sure it is doable, just gonna take some major tuning to work right.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
Trust me I had 180whp N/A and that shit was fast ...... Im sure the FS turbo will be fast too, but there's nothing like 200 whp n/a. I would have been there by now if I still had my duratec.

I was running FS intake, Draxas header and flex, Crane stage II cams, valve springs and retainers, BS deleted, HKS hi-power exhaust, 67mm TB, SCT tuned making 180 whp. 154 wtq.

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
I know thats why Id expect you to have about 185whp if you did all the mods you listed. Not 2oo

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
so.... is 185whp more do-able on n/a? because a few "light weight" mods can help our pigs loose alittle weight and maybe compensate for a few hp's?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
would a goal of 185hp at the wheels be do-able? thats 15hp less. and if the engine was taken out and put on a dyno itself... it would probably make 200hp... if it was getting 185hp to the wheels...

so my question is... that would it be possible 185hp to the wheels do-able N/A?

·
Registered
204 Posts
you can do what you want but dont go crazy with internals yet im sure they are gonna have a supercharger soon so you can get cams header all that stuff but wait for the supercharger thats what im hoping to do at least....

·
AKA Fast_Focus
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
everyone I have talked to says the s/c for the duratec wont happen because it isnt practical... minimal room so the cost would be over $5000... I doubt anyone will pay for something like that when they can have the FS Stg2 for $1000 less... u can buy new internals with that [:D]

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
yeah... unfortunately powerworks said they have no plans for a S/C for the duratec... oh pitty...

but back to N/A.... what mods will i be looking to do to get to the 185WHP goal?

1 - 20 of 241 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.