Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to reach 200hp out of my 05 Duratec without nos or supercharger/turbo. I was thinking about a chip, intake, headers/exhaust, cai, and pulleys. I'm looking for some ideas on how I can reach this goal. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
152 Posts
not too sure you can make it without Nitrous or Turbo, check out other peoples dynos for just bolt ons and it is not close to 200hp

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
You can make it but it will be exspensive. You will need the cosworth intake mani fold they used to make a power package that will get you there but it was availble for a very limit time I forget what it all intailed but others on here know. You can easily hit 160 whp. Alot on here have. You will need a p&p head and cams to reach your goal. Good luck. I love N/A monsters.

Oh yeah and you need .3l more displacement though I have heard that 2.0 can almost reach that goal too. Though its more like 190whp or 180whp and not has much tq for obvious reasons.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
theres this one dude with a wagon fofo pushing i think over 200hp stock no FI. forgot who it was though..i think might have had NOS but doubtful..anyone know who he is??

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
for comparison, my car has intake, TB, header, exhaust and tune and it made 137whp (about 160 at the crank). Youll need IM, cams, head work and a bump in compression to have a chance at 200 crank. 200whp might be possible but it would have to be pretty wild on a 2.0. Find a 2.3L and build it up

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the duratec you're referring to the same as the 2.0 in the uk fiesta st? (sorry i'm not clued up yet)

If so a friend of mine has got 193bhp from cossie cams, inlet manifold, magnecor leads, 4-2-1 manifold, de-cat, miltek cat-back exhaust, BMC cda induction kit and custom remap - quite a lot of work and quite expensive

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not gonna even get close without opening up the engine. Even then it will be hard with the 2.0

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seems like a lot of work to get 70hp.
Headers=10hp
Intake=5-10hp
Exhaust=10hp
Pulleys=10hp
Chip=10hp
Intake manifold=10-15
Throttle Body=10 (Cosworth 67mm Throttle Body - Ford Focus 2.3L Duratec= $457.00 seems a little steep)

So with the above mods this should get me to 200hp? It's amazing how much these companies want for minimal hp gains...

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
yeah they dont just stack unfortunately, the right combo of parts will yield a good gain though. and TB is MAYBE 1-2whp

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
the gains posted on the sites are not all ways what you get on your car. you gotta figure low like for instance:

Header: 6-9
Exhaust: 6-9
chip (I would get Xcal3): 5-8
so one and so forth... but youcant just say that I'm gona get 10hp outta every mod....doesnt work like that. Not saying 200hp isn't possible I know 3 guys up here in the PNW that are pushing well over 200hp although they have F/I. But I agree the N/A's do make for a wild monster.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
haha good luck....you got the wrong motor dood...

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
12.X:1 pistons
rods
Crane stage 3 or 4 cams
head work
cosworth intake manifold
Focus sport header
2.5" exhaust
CAI
dyno tune

while you are at it:
flywheel
clutch

That should get you near 200 at the wheels.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts