Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of anyone that has made a 2.0 zetec motor kick out 200 hp without force induction? If not, whats the most hp you seen the 2.0 zetec motor give without force induction?

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Ive seen it, but it wasnt street driven....Steeda made one for their BumbleBee race car. It had 14:1 compression, insane cam, Pectel engine management, SVT header, borla catback, etc. It had 220 whp with high RPM detonation

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
not yet ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Focus Central (when they existed) claimed to make 225whp/185tq on a crazy modded N/A Zetec. It had a WRC block and crank, crazy headwork, and some custom-grind Crower cams....

·
Registered
958 Posts
goat had about 200 at the crank...does that count?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Twilight2ner said:
Focus Central (when they existed) claimed to make 225whp/185tq on a crazy modded N/A Zetec. It had a WRC block and crank, crazy headwork, and some custom-grind Crower cams....
I don't recall FC having a WRC block or any bottom end work of that matter....

·
Registered
958 Posts
CenCalfocus said:
200 at crank would be somthing like 180 at the wheels i think...of course 200 at crank is still good!
its about 170...what the svt was claiming at the crank...goat should step in and tell everyone what he had...i think it was all the bolt ons, plus the focus sport head w upped comp, custom grind kent cams, and a good tune...he said it was very streetable

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
yes inquiring minds want to know

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
VERY unfriendly on the street.. It just easier to go FI. I'm not crackin on anybody, but why the fascination with NA, unless you are racing .

·
Registered
958 Posts
definitely easier to just go FI, but i guess in the world of high revving vtec where u can "easily" get 200+ whp n/a...the 160 that we top out at seems a little pathetic...especially when u look at the svt/st where with a few mods are running circles around our cars...thats all

·
Registered
958 Posts
sorry to double post, i was just thinking that a lot of ppl here have v6/v8 background...usually n/a and puts out more than 160 to the wheels

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree with grendel's posts, but i also add that if we had a base motor that had 200+ hp and then went f.i. cause 200 wasnt enough...imagine the possibilities!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I never had an SVT run circles me nor a ST.

Much easier to go FI. even if it is nitrous.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
you want a parts list for 200 hp.

svt intake mani
65mm throttle body
aem cold air intake
stage II cams
cam gears
race headers
flexpipe
full catback exhaust
underdrive pullies
upgraded clutch
lightweight flywheel
bushing set (helps get power to the ground)
upgrade head (port, polish, deck, bigger valves)
killer dyno tune

i beleive with that set up you should be over 200 hp.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts