Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I bought a 2009 SES automatic with 75k miles. It has a stalling problem. I pull up to a stop sign the rpm drops to 500 and then it stalls. It starts right back up.
So took it back to ford dealer where I bought it . They cleaned the Maf. That didn't work. Then they replaced the throttle body. That didn't work. Then they removed the aftermarket remote start. That didn't work. Now they are replacing the PCM. They believe the remote start ruined the computer.

Anyone else have this issue. Thanks

·
Registered
374 Posts
Could be a large vacuum leak, pcv tube or something like that. Def don't think its the PCM I'd be surprised if that fixed it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If the remote start was the problem it would have been doing it from day 1 when it was installed. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing and chucking parts at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If the remote start was the problem it would have been doing it from day 1 when it was installed. Sounds like they don't know what they are doing and chucking parts at it.
Yep I believe you are correct. They told me they can install a ford factory remote start for $500. I told them I bought this car from them with a remote start system and it better have one in it when I get the car back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have now had the car 3.5 weeks . I bought the car and only drove it 3 days. The upside is I have been driving a '13 fusion they gave me as a loaner, very nice car

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat

Your year is listed as "MkII" here, second major type sold in the US ('08-'11).

General Tech is best for repair questions that don't fit in a particular subgroup such as the brakes/suspension area.

Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok after 4 weeks got the car back. New PCM, new Ford remote start. car ran ok for 3 days and it died again today. Holy Crap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts