Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Focus SE Coupe 5 Speed Black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get Steeda's rear rollbar for my 09 SE coupe. I know on the first gen Focus if you're car didn't come with a rear bar that you had to replace the subframe from a car that DID come with a rear bar for the mounting points. Is this the case as well on the 2nd Gen? From a lot of what I'm reading the frame/suspension stuff seems to carry over from these 2 generations. Any help on this would be great!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
All 00-10 Focus that did not come from the factory with a rear stabilizer bar came with a rear crossmember/subframe that did NOT have provisions for one. If you want a rear bar you will need a subframe swap.

BTW the NA 'MK2' (08-10) Focus had almost the identical suspension (with very minor differences) as the 'MK1/1.5' (00-07) and uses the same crossmembers/subframes. So you can use a crossmember/subframe that has a stabilizer bar from any non-wagon 00-10 Focus.

Paul

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
2009 Focus SE Coupe 5 Speed Black
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All 00-10 Focus that did not come from the factory with a rear stabilizer bar came with a rear crossmember/subframe that did NOT have provisions for one. If you want a rear bar you will need a subframe swap.

BTW the NA 'MK2' (08-10) Focus had almost the identical suspension (with very minor differences) as the 'MK1/1.5' (00-07) and uses the same crossmembers/subframes. So you can use a crossmember/subframe that has a stabilizer bar from any non-wagon 00-10 Focus.

Paul
Thanks so much for the quick reply and that is what I suspected to be the case. I dug a little deeper after I posted and apparently Steeda's kit is specifically made their kit with brackets to accommodate the stock "no mounting points" (with a few very minor caveats) and the kit is getting mostly rave reviews. I had actually bought a subframe for my previous 2007 Focus that got wrecked recently and thought maybe I could get rid of it (the frame) but I guess I'll hold onto it after all. Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I am not familiar with the aftermarket stabilizer bar kits and was under the (incorrect) assumption that it was made to replace the factory stabilizer bar but after reading your post I looked at the website and indeed it is made to attach to the non-stabilizer bar crossmember/subframe. Good to know.

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts