Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, new to the site, hope someone can help me.

basic vehicle info:
2009 focus s
pzev
100,000 highway miles

so about a month ago, the car started to misfire at highway cruising speeds, but did not throw a cel. started happening around 70mph with steady throttle, then started happening more and more, and at different speeds and throttle positions.

came home, pulled the spark plugs. one was broken, and one was covered in oil. obviously that is no bueno, so i said screw it and did some things. installed a new valve cover gasket, and 4 new plugs. changed the oil/filter, flushed the radiator, and added new coolant. put in a new battery, and changed the alternator since they were both original and i figured it couldn't hurt.

car ran like it was brand new up until yesterday when it started to do the same thing as before, misfiring at the same 70mph speed and steady throttle position, with no cel.

gonna pull the plugs tomorrow and see what they look like.

any ideas as to what could be causing this? the thing i find odd is that the ecu isn't throwing a cel with how bad the misfire is.

thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pulled the plugs, cyl3 was covered in oil again, and cyl4 plug had a broken electrode. Same thing that happened 2,000 miles ago. What gives?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
That doesn't sound good, what did the others read?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts