Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all

This morning on my way to work I noticed my temp gauge was only getting up just above the C on the temperature sensor. It's the first 40° day we've had in a while, but I've always been dead center on the temperature gauge within 5-10 minutes of driving.

I shut the car off and came back about 5 minutes later to see that the car got up to around 1/3 of the way up the temperature gauge.

I used the reset button to display the coolant temp and noticed that it never got above 75° Celcius. And even went down a bit after driving.

My first thought is to replace the thermostat and housing, but the weird thing was that even when reading at the very bottom of the C on the temp gauge I still had heat in the car. It worked just as well then as it did when the temperature came up a bit. Wouldn't I have issues getting heat if the thermostat were stuck open?

123,000 miles and was planning a coolant flush at 150,000. I've never had any other coolant system problems, but my A/C just went out on the tail end of the summer. I doubt they're related issues, but I wasn't planning on getting that fixed until spring/summer when A/C is needed.

Any help with the diagnosis is appreciated. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've heard the best way to get to the housing is through the passenger side headlight. Also, don't the 2009 engines require a vacuum to be pulled when refilling with coolant?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sounds right on the headlight. It helps but you don't have to pull a vacuum. Most people never do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts