Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

I'm looking to lower my car, but I do not know what to buy. I'm looking to lower my car about 2-3 cm. Maybe more, I'm not sure. What do you guys suggest? I would like to keep my car as "normal" as possible when it comes to handling, comfort, and so on. I do not need a racing car, I just want to make it look cooler:)
I have the 2009 Mk2 Estate, 1,6 liter diesel.

I'm sure this question have been asked here before, but couldn't find anything.
I'm new here so I apologize in advance.

Please link me to other threads which have answers to my question:)

Vegdji

Here is my car:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=49641&title=black-2009-focus-estate&cat=502

·
Registered
459 Posts
Good sir, I give you the usual responses:

Eibach Sportlines will get you lowest (2" I think? FTC, chime in here).

Vogtland for a good ride and lower (about 1.5") - I have them on my Mk3 Focus and my old e30 BMW.

H&R - not sure for that car, but, they typically run a little stiffer than most - I have H&Rs on my 320i.

I'm a big Vogtland fan, as they lower the car well and the ride quality stays near stock. I love these things. By the way, I love that car. We didn't get that here in the US.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
As Old Grey mentioned, we didn't get that model here but the manufacturers std. types are about the same for different fitments.

Eibach offers a couple drops, a comfortable one at about 1.5", and a lower/stiffer one at about 2" drop. Make sure to confirm which you're looking at, the names are easily confused.

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
gaahhh i had the eibach vs vogtland comparison somewhere. vogtland is better for DD

found it!!! not sure if your car uses the same set up as ours... check the UK forums i think talk ford or passion ford is what they are called

Vogtland
Front: 125/154 progressive
Rear: 165/188 progressive
1.6" drop

and eibachs

Eibach Pro: 1.5”
F: 137 lb/in
R: 171 lb/in

Eibach Sportline: 2”
F: 131~262 lb/in
R: 102~171 lb/in

1 - 4 of 4 Posts