Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not exactly sure I'm caught up. When was the 09 Focus released? And is there going to be an ST version of it? Anyone have any info on this? Apparently some dealers already have it up for sale but I don't think I've seen it here in NC.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
No ST verison...

Apparently the sedans are basically the same but the coupes received new fascias reminiscent of the SVT, black chrome instead of regular chrome, deleted fake chrome fender vents, and an option for a roof spoiler. It either comes standard with or has an option for darker 17" EAP wheels from the SVT. This is for the SES model.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That actually doesn't look half bad to me. I'm glad they removed the chrome side vent on the coupes and went with black chrome accents instead of shiny chrome. They at least were smart and brought out the EAP style wheels as an option, since that's arguably one of the best looking wheels on the Focus ever. The front bumper looks better, but still needs work to me. It's still seems a little too angular and not flattering to the body lines, IMO. I don't know why they wanted to go with a roof spoiler either, too me that'll just look stupid.

It looks like they could be on the right track if they would redesign the front end with a smoother, less angular front bumper, redesigned headlights that don't flow backwards into the hood area quite so much, and ditch the awful chrome grille for a mesh one. Oh, and ditch the SYNC crap and give us some power/brake/suspension upgrades.

The only thing is, by the time they sorted all that out, we would (hopefully) be producing the euro MK2 Focus over here, so what's the point?

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Ignoring current focus and patiently waiting for 2010 Euro focus......

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
I like, but I'm with these last couple of posts, waiting on the Euros They keep promising.... especially if the RS jumps the pond!

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Tangerine... I'd rather them kill all development on the C170 Focus altogether and spend that money prioritizing factory retooling. That design time can get expensive.

IMO Ford has polished the turd pretty good with the new body parts on the 09 so let's not give them another chance to screw up. Badmouthing Ford about it isn't going to make the 08-09 models magically turn into a hot hatch. Just wait for the new one guys. I guess they have the Mk 2.5 in Europe right now, like a facelifted 2005 model? Is the Mk 3 still going to be on the C1 chassis or what? It seems like they are late to the game on retooling since the C1 is now getting on in years.

Also I highly doubt we will see an RS model here. The ST verison seems a lot more promising since we already have C30s here selling in the 20's with the inline 5 and turbocharged. That's why they are bringing the Fiesta over, to replace the Focus as the small cheap car so they can upscale the Focus model to cover more ground in the passenger car department.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol, yeah, I know about the coupe version, that is actually what I'm interested in. I'm THINKING about trading in my 07 for a fully loaded 09. My 07 lacks pretty much every technological advancement since the 1980s except for a cd player and the optional AC. I have a baby just days away and a car with power windows would be nice, even though I don't think a coupe would be the right direction to go with a baby on the way but it looks so damn sweet. Oh and about the RS, I sware thats one of the best looking cars out there for the price, I dont even like the bright green colors but that one goes awsome with the car.

Oh yeah, so I don't think anyone has answered my question about wether it is out yet or not.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Dan: I agree with you man. I was just saying that if we weren't going to get the euro Focus, I would hope that Ford would at least consider some further improvements to it. Seeing as how they're bringing the euro Focus over, it's a moot point. Knowing what euro goodness is coming down the pike, it makes me wonder who will even purchase one. I'd love to see the RS over here too, but following Ford NA's track record of shafting us, I don't hold out any hope whatsoever that we'll see it grace our fair shores. I am hesitantly optimistic, though, that we may see an ST version when it comes. In deference to that hope, I'm starting saving my pennies now.

Fernando: I don't think it's out yet. I've looked around and even Ford NA's home site doesn't even list the '09 Focus. Maybe in another month or so, it might start appearing. If you could hold out, I'd try to wait until the euro Focus makes it's way over. BTW, besides power windows, just what options would you have liked to have on your Focus? Some things you can add yourself and it makes a world of difference in how you feel towards your car.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan: I agree with you man. I was just saying that if we weren't going to get the euro Focus, I would hope that Ford would at least consider some further improvements to it. Seeing as how they're bringing the euro Focus over, it's a moot point. Knowing what euro goodness is coming down the pike, it makes me wonder who will even purchase one. I'd love to see the RS over here too, but following Ford NA's track record of shafting us, I don't hold out any hope whatsoever that we'll see it grace our fair shores. I am hesitantly optimistic, though, that we may see an ST version when it comes. In deference to that hope, I'm starting saving my pennies now.

Fernando: I don't think it's out yet. I've looked around and even Ford NA's home site doesn't even list the '09 Focus. Maybe in another month or so, it might start appearing. If you could hold out, I'd try to wait until the euro Focus makes it's way over. BTW, besides power windows, just what options would you have liked to have on your Focus? Some things you can add yourself and it makes a world of difference in how you feel towards your car.
I don't know if the euro focus is ever going to make it here, and if it does then I could always trade in again if I like it. Some options that I know the SES Coupe will have that mine doesn't besides power windows is the leathered seats, leather rapped stearing wheel, sunroof (i've always wanted one), powered doors (i don't mind unlocking mine, but when you have a few friends riding with you i have to sit there and go around and unlock door by door), actual rims instead of hubcaps, heated seats (i dont care much about that but it would be nice) there's a few other things but those are the most important ones to me. Its true, I could always just add those things to mine, but by the time I'm done spending that money on it I could of bought one with it already, saves me the time.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I don't know if the euro focus is ever going to make it here
Actually, Ford has confirmed that the Euro Focus will be available in 2011.

I see what you're thinking, but if you buy an '09 and then decide you like the 2011 model, then you may not get as much for your trade-in as you would like. If you can't wait until 2011, you could always look for a used '05-'07 Focus that had the options you would want **coughSTcough**. Just a thought...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts