Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Black Ford Focus SE with 40,000 miles. I changed the oil about 1,500 miles ago. I filled up my gas tank Thursday and let it sit Friday, then Saturday it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery, checked spark plugs, checked fuel pump,and I don't have a fuel filter to change. What can I do now?

I'm a single mom to a 2 1/2 year old baby girl. Just got out of abusive relationship where I was almost killed. I'm supposed to start a job tomorrow.

Help! Please!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Difficult question as it stands,

Is it cranking normally? Could you hear the fuel pump run? What did the plugs look like?

Water in fuel isn't that common, but it's still a possibility. Before even trying to check that you might contact the gas station & see if there were any others with trouble.

P.S. - we often have confusion with "turn over" being used for "start" when it's most appropriate meaning is "cranking". If yours is "cranking" (engine turns with key turned to start) i'll change the title to "won't start" to attract more help.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a 2009 Black Ford Focus SE with 40,000 miles. I changed the oil about 1,500 miles ago. I filled up my gas tank Thursday and let it sit Friday, then Saturday it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery, checked spark plugs, checked fuel pump,and I don't have a fuel filter to change. What can I do now?

I'm a single mom to a 2 1/2 year old baby girl. Just got out of abusive relationship where I was almost killed. I'm supposed to start a job tomorrow.

Help! Please!
Difficult to pinpoint the exact cause as more info is needed, but if i'm reading what info is there right your having a non responsive situation, no physical turning over of the engine to achieve a start up condition at all?

If this is the case do you see your security light blinking faster than usual on the left side of the instrument cluster and does the odometer readout light up with dashes only instead of mileage or other info?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I have a 2009 Black Ford Focus SE with 40,000 miles. I changed the oil about 1,500 miles ago. I filled up my gas tank Thursday and let it sit Friday, then Saturday it wouldn't start. I replaced the battery, checked spark plugs, checked fuel pump,and I don't have a fuel filter to change. What can I do now?...
Welcome to the forum!

I recommend heading to your dealer to have this looked at, if you haven't already.

Meagan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts