Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
There is also some cosmetic differences, but some of them did not get on the lesser models. I looked at an 09 at one of the latest meets and thought is was an 08, because the bumpers were not what was shown in the early write ups.
True. It also depends on the trim levels as well. For 2009 Ford dropped the S trim coupe.Now it's only SE or SES. Coupes received the facelift and dark chrome injected head and taillights,and a dark grey grille to make it look different from the sedan.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
There is a thread on here somewhere where people were bashing the 08s because they said they were ugly and not Focus styling. Then the press releases and photos came out for the 09 and everybody loved them and still bashed the 08s (WTF). When I posted that I did not understand their statements that the 09 was a better looking car, they bashed me and called me blind.

I do agree the some of the 09 trim packages look hot, but it depends on what you are looking for in a car and one of the reasons I chose black over silver - IMO the black just looks better with the chrome.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
I actually had a choice between either the Silver Metallic SE,Vista Blue SES or Ebony Black SES when was shopping for my car. I went with the silver one for a number of reasons.

1.Easier to keep clean
2.Easier on the insurance rates
3.Cops don't pay much attention to silver(staties have been writing tickets with a vengeance around here)
4.I prefer silver(3rd silver car in a row,lol)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Mine is the first black car I have owned. I knew about the keep it clean part between the two, but the black just looked better to me. Plus I was not sure if Ford fixed the fading and peeling of their silver paints.
The cops in my area tend to look at bright and flashy, so they tend to watch the red and yellow cars more than the black ones, not that I care. I don't drive aggressively and I don't race on the street, I did this even when I had cars that could out run most any cop on the street, but I knew I could never beat the radio. When growing up I spent my weekends with my dad at the drag strip and fell in love with the smell of nitrous oxide and race gas. Plus driving a tow truck later, I learned very young to respect the popo.

·
Registered
106 Posts
^ well atleast now if anyone bashes you guys you can send them a link to BradWhite's page.

people will always find something to complain about. you drive a nice car lol.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Thanks, I really didn't like the looks of the Focus when it first came out, but it is something that kinda grows on you. I am a Cougar man from a ways back - had 14 of them at one time. When they changed the body in 71, I did not like it much, but it still was a Cougar.

Now it is the Focus, the performance mods will start when the warranty gets closer to expiring, already have 46,000 on it and some will probably start this summer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks, I really didn't like the looks of the Focus when it first came out, but it is something that kinda grows on you. I am a Cougar man from a ways back - had 14 of them at one time. When they changed the body in 71, I did not like it much, but it still was a Cougar.

Now it is the Focus, the performance mods will start when the warranty gets closer to expiring, already have 46,000 on it and some will probably start this summer.
yeah it's an easy one to fix up if you're into that... if not then it's just gonna look like a focus haha.

oh and if you ever check consumer reports compare the 2000-2007 to the 08 09 [;)]
my favorite thing about it.

·
King of all blacks!!
2,676 Posts
Thanks, I really didn't like the looks of the Focus when it first came out, but it is something that kinda grows on you.
To me it's a "spiritual sucessor" to a couple of Fords I've had in my past.[driving]

·
Registered
404 Posts
When my dad said to look at the focus for a new car, i was pretty closed-minded because i thought the only option was to get the 05-07 style sedan.. don't care for that much. i thought the hatch was cool though. anyway when I came to the dealer, I found out the style had changed... and thought the sedans were still ugly, but I saw pictures of the SES coupe and pretty much turned a 180 on the looks.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts