Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery isn't dead because the radio, gauges, lights and a/c work. However, when I attempt to crank the car, the gauges begin to shudder and I hear a loud clicking buzz noise come from what appears to be the left-hand side of the engine. It just refuses to start. It started out fine this morning and there were no signs or symptoms of anything being wrong at all.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
^^^clicking buzz noise come from what appears to be the left-hand side of the engine

Well thats a tell tail sign the batt does not have enough cranking amps to start the car... but enought to run other things seen it 100 times look at the bat see if there is anything loose in the center some where is a like glass eye look at it..it should be green but this still does not mean the batt is fully charged just means the cells are ok. If all that is good eather charge the batt or get a jump start. Then go to the parts store or a shop and have a load test done.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
The battery isn't dead because the radio, gauges, lights and a/c work. However, when I attempt to crank the car, the gauges begin to shudder and I hear a loud clicking buzz noise come from what appears to be the left-hand side of the engine. It just refuses to start. It started out fine this morning and there were no signs or symptoms of anything being wrong at all.
Hi usapatriot,

It sounds like the battery may not be holding a charge. You should have your Focus diagnosed at the your local dealer so they can determine if there is an underlying cause. If the battery needs to be replaced, the warranty includes free towing on dealer-installed batteries, which may come in handy!

~Natasha

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, so when I went back to the car a few hours later, it started up just fine. Me and my brother swapped cars and we went to have the battery load tested and it checked out fine. Must've been some sort of fluke, all is well now! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts