Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am seriously considering getting me some H&R Sport springs for my 2009 coupe, that provide a 1.5in drop, but not sure what strut and damper set up to go along with the springs. I know there isn't too many choices out right now for us 08-09 owners but any input on what works well with the H&R Sport springs would be appreciated.

BTW, I'm not really looking into auto-xing my ride any time soon but I would not rule it out of its future with me. This car is my daily driver but I wouldn't mind a little harshness in ride quality if I can really carve a canyon.

I did see the FRPP makes some struts and dampers that fit my 09, so that might be an option right there. Let me know what you guys think.

I seriously do not want to lower my ride and run the stock struts and dampers because I know they would not last long. I really want my car to handle like its on rails.

Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you plan on getting the H&R springs anyways, why dont you just get their whole coilover kit? i think its like $1,200....and i know FocusSport has them on their website. check it out....thats my next mod actually and im betting it will be 100% worth it!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^^^Yeah I saw them on the site but I don' have that kind of cash to burn just yet. If I did though I would do it in a hart beat man. But for what I'm going to use my ride for, I think a good set of springs and matching set of struts and shocks will be enough. Maybe later on in my rides life will I go for the whole enchilada.
But yeah, Let me know how the coilovers come out man. Really would love to have a set of my own.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.