Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Trading in my 2004 ZX3 for a 2009 SES built in October 2008 or so it claims to be!

It's two door, manual, has the SES styling and headlights but seems to be lacking the Sync, ABS and traction control. Is this right for an SES?

I'll get some pictures up when I collect her tomorrow.

This will be my first proper North American exclusive Focus after owning one of each generation back in the UK. The ZX3 was the same as the EU with different bumpers so that doesn't count lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matches what the CarFax report says it is.

2009 Ford Focus 2dr Cpe SE

I think the original owner cheaped out and got the body kit at purchase but didn't go for the full SES spec!

·
Registered
265 Posts
There is a coupe that parks a few rows from me. I have a 2010 SES sedan. The coupe (year unknown) has the same front and rear fascia as my car and the coupe is badged SE.

IIRC, the unique front and rears were introduced on 2009 coupes, and these looks were carried forward on the 2010-2011 SES trim sedans. I'm sure someone else can verify.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a coupe that parks a few rows from me. I have a 2010 SES sedan. The coupe (year unknown) has the same front and rear fascia as my car and the coupe is badged SE.

IIRC, the unique front and rears were introduced on 2009 coupes, and these looks were carried forward on the 2010-2011 SES trim sedans. I'm sure someone else can verify.
Starting to make a little more sense, and giving me more of an insight into Ford NA's thought process.

It has the nice snowflake wheels, the shiny exhaust tip that was part of the later trim too.

Looking forward to seeing what extras I can add, and stuff I can play with using Forscan.

Pictures coming tomorrow!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Starting to make a little more sense, and giving me more of an insight into Ford NA's thought process.

It has the nice snowflake wheels, the shiny exhaust tip that was part of the later trim too.

Looking forward to seeing what extras I can add, and stuff I can play with using Forscan.

Pictures coming tomorrow!
The coupe near me has snowflake wheels too. I'm not positive, but I think an SES coupe (10' or 11' anyway) would be identifiable by a roof spoiler and 17" spoked wheels. I have a 2010 brochure and it says SE coupes were standard with snowflakes, and SES coupes and sedans were standard with 17s.

·
Registered
2010 Focus SES 5spd
30 Posts

This is correct, I also do own the same 2010 SES sedan, with the same coupe trim and the 15 spoke rally wheels. How I somehow remember that its an SES is that they came with color match door handles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here she is then!

Maf needs a clean I think as the idle is a bit questionable. Trying to decide whether an engine mount needs doing too or whether its because of the dodgy idle as everything smooths out once we're moving (unlike the older car I looked at previously that clearly needed a new one after being in a collision!)

Forscan also works a treat with this car so I'll be fitting some nice LED day running lights and turning off the headlight based ones. Might try and add Sync at a later date if I can get all the bits. Probably won't have the wiring loom preinstalled so that could be an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
From the 2009 Focus brochure:

Focus SE Coupe
Equipped with all the standard features on the previous
page, plus:
• 16" aluminum-alloy wheels with P205/50R16 BSW tires
• Sport-tuned exhaust
• Power windows and door locks
• SIRIUS Satellite Radio
• Message center
• Body-color door handles
• Dark painted 2-bar grille
• Dark chrome headlamps and taillamps
• Chrome exhaust tip
• Rear decklid spoiler
• Power, heated body-color sideview mirrors

Focus SES Coupe Includes all the standard features on the SE Coupe, plus:
• 17" premium painted dark stainless aluminum wheels with P215/45R17 BSW tires
• Enhanced European-inspired suspension
• Rear stabilizer bar
• Ambient Lighting
• Cruise control
• Instrument cluster includes metallic instrument panel appliqué with bright cluster rings, release handles, and register accents; metallic console top plate; and performance cluster
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel
• Steering wheel-mounted cruise and secondary audio controls
• Ford SYNC voice-activated, in-vehicle communications and entertainment system
• High-mount rear spoiler

ABS/ESC was available as a stand alone option on SE and SES coupe
SYNC was available as a stand alone option on SE coupe and standard on SES coupe
Cruise control was available as a stand alone option on SE coupe and standard on SES coupe
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts