Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a heated passenger side mirror for my 2009 Focus SE when I *thought* I was buying the unheated model. Its a bit cold outside so I'm not ready to pull the door apart to see if it will work.

Can anyone tell me if one I received will work?

Thanks,

PS

Do I just have to pull off the 'sail panel'? If so, any tips on how to get it off w/o breaking it?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Responding to my own post after installing the mirror.

The sail panel that covers one of the screws and gives access to the power connector and a view of one screw down in the door panel came off with a little prying with the screwdriver blade on my swiss army knife.

One bolt is outside of the trim and is easy to get at, the next one under the sail panel is easy also. Since I didn't want to remove the door trim, I used a 10mm box end wrench and removed the third bolt that is down in the door panel though the hole that removing the sail panel reveals. It was a bit slow.

The power connector was easy to get loose once the mirror was unbolted, I fed the connector through the cutout and squeezed the release tab from outside the car.

My non heated mirror has three wires and three pins in the mirror. My harness has five wires, the heated mirror has 6 pins, the connectors mated, the mirror works, I can't tell if I gained defrost capability.

I wish winter was over.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Let us know if the heat works, sounds like you may be wired for it from the description.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Responding to my own post after installing the mirror.

I can't tell if I gained defrost capability.
I wish winter was over.
The heated mirror glass is actuated using the rear window defrost button! Sounds as though you have the proper number of wires on both side of the plug. GL

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at Alldatadiy, it looks like everything may be there except for F1 (15A Minifuse) in the battery junction block.

I'll find out and report.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought a 15a fuse today and tried to insert it into the block. There isn't socket pins for the fuse blade. Oh well.

·
Registered
173 Posts
you might want to get an Ohm meter, continuity tester, or what ever you can use to see if the power wire at the lugs is getting power! GL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts