Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my '09 Focus wouldn't start. The engine would turn over, but I couldn't get the car to actually start. After several attempts I stopped because it was starting to smell bad, possibly electrical. Later in the day I had my husband give it a shot, and the engine would just turn over for him, until he gave it some gas to get it started. Later at night, I had my dad look at it, and it started fine for him! He checked the battery and said it was good. Any ideas what might be wrong?! I'm worried it will happen again or the problem will get worse!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
This morning my '09 Focus wouldn't start. The engine would turn over, but I couldn't get the car to actually start. After several attempts I stopped because it was starting to smell bad, possibly electrical. Later in the day I had my husband give it a shot, and the engine would just turn over for him, until he gave it some gas to get it started. Later at night, I had my dad look at it, and it started fine for him! He checked the battery and said it was good. Any ideas what might be wrong?! I'm worried it will happen again or the problem will get worse!
Have you had the chance to set up an appointment at your dealer? Keep me in the loop on this. :)

Meagan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts