Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had this car since 2010 w/9k miles on it. It now has 80K trouble free miles on it but.......

The engine has picked up a Buzzz felt through the gas peddle/body at freeway speeds. Push in on the clutch, drop RPM, and Buzzz stops, speed the same. Idle is normal, acceleration smooth.

Everything is original except the tires, serpentine belt , fuel filter, air filter and battery.

Oil change every 5K. I was planning on changing plugs at 100K.

Injector cleaner? does that stuff work?

ETA: It does have a clicking lifter or injector for 15 seconds on cold start, always has, never changed.

UPDATE: The passenger side Motor Mount fixed it, thanks !!! The part cost me $60 bucks, and I could see no failure mode in the old mount, but whatever, it stopped the Buzzzzzzzz.
Fairly easy to change, would be much easier for someone less than 60 yrs old.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah at 90k that passenger motor mount is definitely due to be changed if it hasn't been already. I did it on both of our 2009s at only 60k miles and it made a big difference.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2009 engine vibration at highway speed.

I updated my original post, but did not see it here. (80K miles)

I had an engine buzz felt in steering wheel and body in general. I was advised here to change the passenger side engine mount, it worked, no more buzzz!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
^^^ Likewise!

I merged your threads for easier reading, the older one didn't pop up on the current page because you updated the original post. That left it on the listings as a month old thread, so after the update you'd still have to look it up as an older thread further down in the pages here.

Fresh post to the end of a thread brings it up to "current", and it shows at the top of the current threads in a section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts