Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered:

Kenwood KFC-P680C

I'm hoping they sound pretty good. It will allow me to keep a stock appearance and not modify any panels for tweeters. I think these combined with a nice subwoofer will give me the sound I'm looking for.

EDIT: I'm also curious how the door panels come apart

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Nice speakers. I had my eye on those before buying my Rockford Fosgate Powers.

YouTube?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the YouTube video. For some reason I didn't even consider looking there.

What about in the back seat in the coupe? That's going to be tough I'm sure...

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
No problem. The rule with door panels is to be patient. There's always one more screw or clip that you didn't know was there.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the speakers came in today. I would've installed them today, but OnlineCarStereo.com sent me the wrong speaker pigtails that plug directly into the Ford connector. I order Metra 72-5600, which is the speaker pigtail, but they sent 70-5600, which is a 96+ Ranger/Explorer radio harness. I can definitely use that.... SMH!

Pigtails are on the way hopefully today or tomorrow, but I'll grab some unboxed pictures later.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally got some time to put these in. Or at least, attempt to put them in.

The front doors fit just fine, but the rear passenger area speaker wells aren't deep enough in the right spot. Ford made a cut out for a traditional speaker, so the cut out is in the center, not offset like these require. I may just sell a pair of these and do a regular 6x8 in there.

The front speakers definitely improved the soundstage. Now when turning up the volume, I can hear the vocals and mids.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts