Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2009 Focus Coupe Redesign Opinion

• I like it.

Votes: 210 38.0%
  • It's a step in the right direction, but not there yet.

Votes: 206 37.3%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 109 19.7%
  • I don't care either way.

Votes: 27 4.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
877 Posts
the good news is they got rid of those stupid fender badges, the bad news is that i feel like they recycled some old designs... the grill pattern, the wheels, the mustang shift knob... however I like the wing before the break in the rear roof line... i do not like the fact that there is no hatch available...

·
Registered
666 Posts
they could have had 5 spoke 18's instead of teh rally style, and at least an 1" drop.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i think its a huge improvement..... if it had a 2.3 and handled at least nearly as well as an svt.... i would definitely buy one.... depending on the price of course... but well done on the makeover

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You know, maybe it's the color of the car in the pics thats putting me off, I think it might actually look pretty good in black. As for the comment on the 1" drop - it looks to me like it has substantially less fender gap than the sedans already... so maybe they tweaked something there too.
The important thing is that they're starting to listen to the market!

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
It is an improvement over the current one and next to a cobalt or civic it holds its own. But still I expected a more thorough redeisgn, the rear fascia looks tacked on not really flowing with the rest so does the spoiler. Is it just me or does the lower grille look photochopped?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
the good news is they got rid of those stupid fender badges, the bad news is that i feel like they recycled some old designs... the grill pattern, the wheels, the mustang shift knob... however I like the wing before the break in the rear roof line... i do not like the fact that there is no hatch available...
That's the reservation that I have as well. It kind of has that flavor like the design guys were thinking, "We need sporty, we need sporty. Well, wasn't the SVT sporty? Why don't we add some of the old SVT flavor to the mix. Yeah, that's a great idea!"

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
i dunno about that spoiler, its so... Malibu Maxx.... not my style at all

good to see those wheels are back

foglights need to be bigger to flow better with the big mouth bumper cover

and pretty much everyone who is a sport compact person who will buy one will lower it the first chance they get, but i understand that they have to please the masses and give it some cushy over bumps and some ride height...

oh and no [vommit] green lights, thank you Ford for that one [thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
I like it. I like the 08 front bumper, but i like this one much more. Could do without that rear wing tho.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I hope they offer more than the four color options on the current SES... and it would be sweet if they sell them with the BFG rubber shown in these pics!

Not that this is a replacement for a sporty Focus, such as my SVT, but it would make a more interesting daily driver. Is the so-called power increase only 3HP? Not sure from the press release.

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
Now everyone is going to start buggins mike about prices for 2009 focus wheels lol

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Well now N.A. and Europe have similar named cars but very different looking
In Europe we have a funny little car called Fusion in comparison to the N.A. midsize Fusion.

In N.A. you have a funny looking car called Focus, and the rest of the world has a very different looking Focus.

Kinda crazy for a company that is preaching One World Fords.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I kinda like it. Reminds me of what Ford did back in 2000 with the ZX2 S/R of which i had one.
I too would like to see it in a different color.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well now N.A. and Europe have similar named cars but very different looking
In Europe we have a funny little car called Fusion in comparison to the N.A. midsize Fusion.

In N.A. you have a funny looking car called Focus, and the rest of the world has a very different looking Focus.

Kinda crazy for a company that is preaching One World Fords.
The One World Fords are coming as the models are redesigned. For example, when the new Focus comes out in around 2010 or 2011 it will be a World Focus design.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts