Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using Google custom search above is worthless.

Does anyone know the torque spec (in inch pounds) for a 2009 automatic transaxle ATF pan bolts? Seems to be 80 inch-pounds from what I've searched on net.

I would imagine the torque specs would be the same from 2001 through 2011 models.

Does 80 in-lbs sound right?

·
Registered
16,350 Posts
Yes, that'll work. (the torque number) They will steadily tighten up until the gasket squishes out in ribbons if you keep going. I run them up to kiss then steadily go around in a circle tightening each one a bit more and you have to stop at some point. The circle thing makes sure each bolt is pretty close to the one next to it, which is the secret to keeping lower torque parts in place.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks team. From the F427E ATSG manual:
25. Install the twenty fluid pan bolts and torque to 7 N•m (62 in.lb.), as shown in Figure 164.

So yeah, they don't take much to make a good seal. Thanks all.

·
Registered
16,350 Posts
Not that critical like said, you can do it anywhere around there and even more so when using a gasket which was not used on the OEM. All you have to have is a feel for the tightness, I haven't torqued to a number ever and zero leaks doing it. Either number there would work other than getting over 120 inch can pull the threads since the aluminum will try to give way around that number and higher.

Again, the key is getting them all the same, they stay in place much better at a lighter number that way if a gasket is used.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've just recently did I fluid change tightened the trans pan without a torch wrench, wish I had one but anyways assumeing hand tight is about when you see the gasket starting to come out a lil as AMC noted. that'll do

1 - 8 of 8 Posts