Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do i start with engine upgrades to get more power. Upgrades that actually work good together. Has anyone done the jet mass air flow sensor with a aftermarket intake? And does it work. Also what are good tires that stick to the ground and are aggressive then the stock oem tires?

·
Registered
104 Posts
the stock OEM wheels are a decent size. The stock OEM profiles are also a decent size. make sure you're near 40R17 or 45R17 sidewall ratio for sportier handling and less roll.

I wouldn't do anything to MAF without a tune. its a very critical part of the engine control. IF you want an aftermarket intake, you gotta have the MAF piping the exact diameter as stock.. ID recommend saving a lot of grief and just getting the FSwerks CAI intake. its very well built, looks clean, and doesn't need a tune.

Reactions: felixthecat

·
Registered
104 Posts
All you would really want to do without getting a tune is the intake, throttle body, and cat back exhaust. beyond that, you're really lookin at a tune..

And with that, those parts will work together better if you re-map your engine for them anyways. its good to get a tune early.. Time your engine for 93 octane to pick up extra hp's and take advantage of bolt ons. Then get in to more complicated mods.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another hint: get a Steeda rear sway bar. This will keep the front end planted, to produce better traction on hard turns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the steeda front strut tower brace. Made a big difference in tighting up the front. I can definitely still feel the back of the car having alot of body roll. I am looking at getting it lowered as well with eibach springs.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I havent found where to get a aftermarket throttle body for 2.0 duratec.
You have a drive by wire t/b......Besides thats not a choke point.....Have a look at a 23 head vs your 20 + the cams.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Intake, catback exhaust, header+tune for power mods. I'd also suggest poly motor mounts and a short shifter, those will make rowing through the gears really nice and crisp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts