Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Steeda Short shift INSTALLED!

I received one of those cheep priced Steeda Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifters yesterday!$119.95. Now I want to install the thing. I have looked at other threads about installing this short shifter but most I found do not apply to the 08. I think I will be able to install this even though I have never done one before. It looks like I DO NOT have to remove the center console on my model unlike earlier Focus models (please confirm). My problem is how do you remove the shifter shaft leather boot??. The instructions say to push on the boot mounting band toward the shaft, and at the same time gently lift the band. I have tried this but so far I have been unable to remove the band. I do not wish to break anything on my Focus. Is there anyone here that has removed their boot on their 08? if so please give me a hint on how to remove the boot without breaking the thing! THANKS

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Good news! after waiting for help with this boot and I guess no one knew the answer, My wife got the boot ring off the base without any damage to the car(she used her cane). I was surprised just how easy the Tri-Ax/F Short Throw Shifter installed in my car!. It took 20 minutes to take apart the factory stuff and install the new shifter!.( this was no small task for a old man that cant even tie his shoes if I can do it ANYONE CAN) (note) I did NOT have to remove the center console just the shift boot for the installation. I cant believe the difference between the factory shifter and the Steeda! its like night and day!. The transmission shifts like butter no binding or slotiness at all. The car shifts much more efficiently without the RPM drops I had when clutching and shifting the factory one. It finds the next gear all by itself all I do is flick my wrist against the knob in the general direction and BAM! its done! This is the shifter that Ford should have put in the 08 Focus at the factory!. I highly recommend this for the 08!. NOW WHERE IS MY WALKER!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts