Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Copied this from the suspension thread, Mac said it would prbly be better off here...

I was looking at the threads and all the links are dead and parts unavailable. The ford racing rear subframe is unavailable. Is it possible anymore to put a rear sway bar on a 08-11 that does not have one?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, that is also what I was told over there. I see they have just a hardware kit. If I get the hardware kit and front and rear sway kit that will allow me to install the components on my vehicle correct? I know that kinda sounds like a dumb question but I'd like confirmation.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Your focus comes with a small
Front sway bar but may not have a RSB. This is where Steeda comes in. Their 21mm bar is perfect for any focus w/out one. I myself didn't have a rsb since I got the base model, after installing it, it got rid of a lot of over steer.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your focus comes with a small
Front sway bar but may not have a RSB. This is where Steeda comes in. Their 21mm bar is perfect for any focus w/out one. I myself didn't have a rsb since I got the base model, after installing it, it got rid of a lot of over steer.
Would you suggest upgrading the front and installing a rear? My goal is to have the car be more predictable.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Once you go with a great suspension and depending on your spring rate and dampining you can upgrade the front.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A member has offered me a deal on stock SVT sway bars, another members tell me that the 08 vs 04 SVT front bars are the same, is this true?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Do sway bars make that much of a difference? And by difference I mean paying the $$ to do the front and the back if you are not that hard on your car (minus a couple times to scare the ppl in your car)?

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Depends on your driving... If you drive like grandma and grandpa, no... if your a spirited driver, then I see that upgrading your Sway bars will make a difference.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I do enjoy a little spirited driving every now and then so I will have to keep my eye out for a good deal. This isn't a priority on my list of things to do so no rush to get them.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
2010 Focus "S" with Steeda 21mm RSB. bolts right on.

if you can get the rear mount welded to the sub frame, mine tends to walk a little.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What's the difference in price between the two?

I think the steeda is like $150 ish if I remember correctly?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The RSB from Steeda is about 160 and looks like a good kit. I measured my front bar and got 21 mm which appears to be the same as the SVT front stock bar

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thread jacked

Would you recommend front and rear sway bars? I am running stock suspension if that matters.

Also, could you tell me if this is worth the $$ http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4104613&posted=1#post4104613

Again not really interested in Racing or anything like that but as stated before, I do some occasional spirited driving.
Could anyone let me know if this is a good deal? I think retail is $99

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4111926&posted=1#post4111926
The front sway bar is not an upgrade on the 08-11. I measured mine and got 21mm

The strut tower bar sounds like a good deal. Guys say it makes the car feel better, mine is completely stock tough

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The front sway bar is not an upgrade on the 08-11. I measured mine and got 21mm

The strut tower bar sounds like a good deal. Guys say it makes the car feel better, mine is completely stock tough
Ya I didn't realize the first one I put up was OEM but I think I am going to go for the strut tower bar.

·
Registered
23 Posts
rear stabilizer bar

My '08 is a base model coupe. Yesterday I bought a rear bar from a first gen wagon for $17 at the local Pik-A-Part. It measures about 20mm, bigger than the sedan, and close to the Steeda bar for maybe a tenth of the cost. I'll have to fab the brackets.

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
20 mm. was std. for the rear bars, 21 mm. for the SVT.

So std. bushings would fit right for that one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2008 rear stabilizer bar

The SE and SES sedan rear bar looked to be about 18mm, so I thought the wagon bar was a cheap upgrade.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts