Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 2008 focus se, one I have had both drive axels replaced and the carrier bearing. I also have a vibration at stop lights so bad it shakes my gps. I have 62000 on mine which is the one with all the issues, My wife’s is fine. I found a tsb that covered the vibration but the dealer checked it out and said mine didn't have the problem, I guess teeth chattering vibration is normal. Thinking of changing spark plugs. any suggestions?

·
Registered
165 Posts
sounds kinda like the prob i had with mine...

try cleaning the tb , you will need to have someone sit in the car. with the key on , and hold the throttle to the floor, so you can clean the back side of the tb blade ramp...

this solved my problem...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds kinda like the prob i had with mine...

try cleaning the tb , you will need to have someone sit in the car. with the key on , and hold the throttle to the floor, so you can clean the back side of the tb blade ramp...

this solved my problem...
When it was in for the tsb they did clean that. It hasn't helped. It idles fine in park only in drive is it rough. And they check the motor mounts as well they were fine.

·
Premium Member
22,770 Posts
Vibration moving and not moving? I'm thinking there is a rock stuck in the lower motor mount, or a bad passenger side mount.

Bad idle, or bad engine running conditions would also show up as poor fuel economy. If you have a really low idle, that would explain the vibration while not moving. Use this odometer function as a tachometer to check your idle.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I did this today and rps fluctuate between 738 and 569. Still thinking of changing spark plugs and pvc. Pvc for sure, 62000 and i have never changed it.
You should not have to worry about the plugs and pvc (if they are stock) until after 100k. Something I have to think about doing soon - 99847 on the odometer. Good that you got it fixed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You should not have to worry about the plugs and pvc (if they are stock) until after 100k. Something I have to think about doing soon - 99847 on the odometer. Good that you got it fixed.

PVC looks like it's going to be hard to change, looks like you have to take the intake manifold off to get to it. I am at 72000 so I will wait until someone else takes the first plunge. Car runs great now, just like brand new.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
PVC looks like it's going to be hard to change, looks like you have to take the intake manifold off to get to it. I am at 72000 so I will wait until someone else takes the first plunge. Car runs great now, just like brand new.
I believe the PCV can be reached from under the car. From the top it is an extreme pain in the ass to get to.

·
Registered
19,024 Posts
If the rattle is worse when you first start it and gets better as that mount gets hotter then you are there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts