Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car is idling, I hear this not too loud rattling noise that comes on and off and it sounds kinda like a small piece of metal is bumping another piece of metal.

Here is a recording of it. You can hear it more clearly towards the end of the audio clip. I have no clue what it is. Does anyone have an idea as to what this could be?

Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

·
FF Affiliate
30,866 Posts
Its very hard to tell by a recording , Get a rubber hose about 4-5 feel long like a garden hose , on eend to your ear and move the other around the engine see if you can pin point it

Tom

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same issue, I found it was the Motor mounts,, I got 3 new ones and the car now is super quiet. and far les vibration. Was SUPER easy to install them too. lots of YouTube vids

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the same issue, I found it was the Motor mounts,, I got 3 new ones and the car now is super quiet. and far les vibration. Was SUPER easy to install them too. lots of YouTube vids

I just replaced the motor mount on the top right side of the car. I guess I'll have to replace the other ones and see if it fixes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts