Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a 2008 Ford focus ses with sync and about 160k on it. I just put a new battery in it after it sat a few months. When I went to jump start it my father in-law hooked the cables up wrong (I know I need to fire the help) anyways now the service engine light is on and I have a whole slew of codes. Which I will include a screen shot of. And the radio no longer works and every time I replace the fuse it blows again right away. There were two other blown fuses both of which I was able to replace. And they both had to do with the instrument cluster. Any help would be appreciated. I'm accepting that I'll probably have to replace the radio unit. But I need to figure these codes out too as in my experience multiple codes point to one issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Fix all fuses and wipe all codes and start over.

Codes produced due to reverse polarity are not valid and may lead you on a merry chase for nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fix all fuses and wipe all codes and start over.

Codes produced due to reverse polarity are not valid and may lead you on a merry chase for nothing.
I've replaced all the fuses. Radio just blows the fuse and the codes stayed. Also in the highway it's not wanting to go into O/D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts