Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I currently have a brand new 2008 Ford Focus SES. I absolutely love the car, it handles great and all.

I just have one question about it. What is the automatic transmission being used in the car? Is it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_4F27E_transmission. I've been googling around to find the right answer but I am getting mixed result - like if I search for 4F27E and it says up to 2004 Ford Focus. Just curious is all.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I believe your owner's manual will tell you the model of the transmission. I could be wrong on this but it might say in the maintenance section. I have a manual, so I can't give you any more help than that.

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Pretty sure it's still the 4f27e. I remember the ford rep I talked to about the 09 coupe saying how it would have a different final drive from the sedan and from the older Foci and I asked for part availability and he said it's possible. So I would imagine it's the same transmission.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe your owner's manual will tell you the model of the transmission. I could be wrong on this but it might say in the maintenance section. I have a manual, so I can't give you any more help than that.
Thanks for the replies guys. I have found my answer in the Owner's Manual, didn't think it'll be there.

It is 4F27E transmission. The manual tranny is MTX75. Information is located in the last page of Maintenance and Specification section.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Where in the manual did you find it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Just curious: why did you want to know the transmission model?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Where in the manual did you find it.

Like Razzy said - Information is located in the last page of Maintenance and Specification section.

This section is in your owner's manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts