Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have had my focus for about a year now and the usb port always worked....I have my 32 gig ITOUCH connected to it. 2 days ago it just turned off. I tried 3 differnt cords and I tried a flashdrive and none of them are recognized.....now i have no music to listen to...any suggestions on what i could do?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
call the dealer...should be under warrenty..also check for any possible fuses that might be associated with it

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
check the manual and look over all the circuits and see if anything pertain to the usb

·
Registered
117 Posts
take it to the dealer. they can fix it or give u a new radio. i dont think the USB has its own fuse, its prolly a wire that has shorted out or a part that went bad.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i went to the dealer today and they told me its not a fuse...it doesnt have a fuse...but he really couldnt help me he said he has too much work....I HATE FORD!!!!!! I dont no what to do now

·
Registered
117 Posts
wtf, it doesnt take that long to replace a radio. go back, n talk to the service manager. tell them u want it fixed now and ur not leaving till u have an appointment. and if they refuse to fix it, ask for a new radio

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aha...i fixed it. I just had a curiousity to try to update the system and it actually worked...its weird because everytime i tried to plug a usb device in..it didnt work but it worked with the updates...thank god

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey man i feel your pain, that happened to me one week after getting my focus with sync.. i also have the 08 obviously, i had that problem with my iphone and some other apple products, disconnect the battery and reconnect it after a min or 2 and it fixes the bug (something with the APIN connector)

glad to see you fixed it though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts