Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend just put a spectre short ram intake and the code P0171 with is a too lean code keeps coming up what should we do?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
double check its installed properly. try disconnecting the battery for 30 seconds and then reconnect. the vehicle may just have to relearn adaptive strategies.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
also, not trying to be mean when i say this, but i see you posted this thread 3 times. in the future, one time will suffice. a moderator in this section will merge these threads as to not make things confusing.

·
Registered
505 Posts
What size is the venturi where the MAF is? I've seen Spectres with a 3 inch throat and i believe stock is 2 1/2 inches. The extra area allows more air mass to flow for a given velocity (which is what the MAF sees), resulting in a lean condition unless you get a tune to calibrate the MAF for the larger area.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
what size is the venturi where the maf is? I've seen spectres with a 3 inch throat and i believe stock is 2 1/2 inches. The extra area allows more air mass to flow for a given velocity (which is what the maf sees), resulting in a lean condition unless you get a tune to calibrate the maf for the larger area.
^^this

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
You will have to get a tune for it to use it

xcal3 399.00 and 20.00 for shipping , you get a full custom tune with FREE updates as you add more mods

Tom

·
Registered
761 Posts
Did u bought the spectre maf adapter? If so it comes with 3 maf velocity stacks 3 inch 2.75 and 2.5 put the 2.5 and that's it
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts