Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argh!

2008 Focus S Coupe.

I don't have fog lights, but I have the little black plastic covers on the light areas.

Someone thought it would be funny to kick one of them off of my car. Now I have a gaping hole where it used to be :( Only have 3,000 miles, and already vandalism :(

Anyone install aftermarket foglights and have the plastic inserts that they'd sell me? Or another source for a replacement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Try Pm'ing b16sir1991 he works at the parts counter at a Ford dealership and is able to give you employee pricing on parts.

Also...sorry to hear about what happenned...it sucks when people are jealous of others property and they resort to that kind of thing. But at least it's a simple fix.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try Pm'ing b16sir1991 he works at the parts counter at a Ford dealership and is able to give you employee pricing on parts.

Also...sorry to hear about what happenned...it sucks when people are jealous of others property and they resort to that kind of thing. But at least it's a simple fix.
Thanks for the tip :)

Yeah, I'm happy it wasn't worse ;) [B)]

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
that does suck...have you thought about just getting some foglights and hooking them up...i think it would look better

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Man that sucks. People should just be shot for doing things like that. Or at least publicly flogged. One of the reasons I got a locking gas cap. The other being fuel siphoning but I never want sugar in the gas tank. Fogs shouldn't be too hard to hook up though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Do you think you could have taken a rock at 65? Or are you sure it was there when the car was parked. That seems a little out there that they would just like your fog blank.

just a thought.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you think you could have taken a rock at 65? Or are you sure it was there when the car was parked. That seems a little out there that they would just like your fog blank.

just a thought.
Nope, it was in when it was parked, and gone when I got back. The bumper is still spotless and scratchless around it, the plastic thing is just gone. I went over to the other side, and it's pretty easy to get a good kick in. The plastic tab on the lower-inside of the area is bent and almost broken from the force it took to pop it out. Only explanation is someone thought it'd be funny to give the FoFo a good kick [bash]

Grrr .. oh well at least I didn't get keyed or whatever. *goes to knock on wood*

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that does suck...have you thought about just getting some foglights and hooking them up...i think it would look better
Yeah! Thinking about that, though I was wondering, will a kit (Blinglights is the only one I've found so far) come with a cover thing to match up to the space where it goes? The photos I've seen make it look like you basically just get lights, but no surrounding plastic mounting or whatever. [idea]

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think any of those will have to be mounted somewhere on the bumper. Have you checked ebay or the buy sell trade section? You can always put in a request for that part and see if anyone responds.

But look on the bright side, now you can see about adding a snorkel for a custom intake from that hole.[thumb]

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think any of those will have to be mounted somewhere on the bumper. Have you checked ebay or the buy sell trade section? You can always put in a request for that part and see if anyone responds.

But look on the bright side, now you can see about adding a snorkel for a custom intake from that hole.[thumb]
lol yeah :) That'd be funny :) I almost thought about knocking the other side out to match, but IDK. Guess we'll have to see if I can find that part :)[burnout]

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I'd also recommend looking into installing fog lights. I don't know about you but anytime my car is vandalized or in an accident, I always try to upgrade from stock. It always makes me feel a little better afterwards. I also hope you plan on avoiding that neighborhood, if it's possible. Although people can be complete a-holes sometimes, regardless of how safe you think a certain parking spot is. It's just part of owning a car--shit happens.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts