Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they easily/safely removable (as in can't screw up the paint job or anything like that?) I'm just wondering because I've seen a model without them and it looks much better imo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
i think its gonna be more work taking them off then its worth... someone else in here has done it and if i remember correctly, the vents were not held on by just 3M tape, but had a nut holding them on... ill look for the thread for u though

·
Registered
117 Posts
here is another thread talking abt the fender vents...

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174522&highlight=fender+vent

as i mentioned earlier they do leave holes in your fender once they are removed. sorry abt the luck. IMO id just leave them on there, or if u decide to replace them, find a way to hide the holes, such as better looking vents, some kind of decal design, or something to that effect

·
Registered
62 Posts
I removed mine but it was a pain and I couldn't ditch them altogether because as mentioned above you are going to be left with 5 holes in your fender so I decided to color match them and put them back on. I say it was a pain because the vents are held on by an adhesive gasket as well as a few clips that clip into the holes in the fender. If you're not careful it's going to be very easy to do damage.

·
Registered
484 Posts
hey nick just to let you know, the 2009 model doesn't have the chrome side vents, so that's probably what you saw. Ford knew everyone hated them and decided to ditch them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts