Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I noticed that when I turn my volume up that the lyrics keep getting louder, but the bass stops... Is this normal and is there any way to fix it? Thanks..

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have my bass turned up all the way and when i crank it up the bass doesnt get any louder after about 3/4 volume. At that point i think the bass is maxed out. If you dont know how to adjust your bass and treble here you go. Push the sound button on your dash and that should bring that stuff up. Its as easy as that. I hope this helps you out. You just have to remember you are dealing with the factory speakers. If you want more bass you need better speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know how to adjust it i was watching some video and the kid said theres some sort of software or chip of some sort that stops the bass.. i was just hoping that when i get my system that it wouldnt mess up the bass...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
you want more bass put in a better system with amp

·
Love CA / Hate CARB
2,160 Posts
Read the info page for the MTX re-Q, they explain how factory systems actually limit the bass output at high volumes to keep from blowing your factory speakers. If you want more bass, you're going to need an amplifier and some better speakers, no way around it. The option is also there if you want to get a sound processor and external EQ, but you would likely get more from upgrading the actual equipment.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have noticed that the speakers break in and will provide a LOT more bass after you work them for awhile. The PO of my car must not have ever cranked the stereo as when I first got the car I cranked the bass up and left it there - after hours of loud ass rock music I find myself turning the bass down 1 or 2 clicks. My rear view mirror and driver's door mirror noticeably vibrate with the music - I'm actually a little surprised.

Having said that - I've got a 4x100 and two 1x300 amps going in to power new door speakers and subs :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha thanks guys my main concern was that when I got my system that the bass wouldn't be limited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts