Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
there is other stuff, I WAS at Advanced auto and seen it on there shelf. I would call ford and get a price, you might be surprised. On some fluids I found its cheaper though the dealer.

·
Registered
16,203 Posts
I would NOT assume that 'other stuff' will work, as the LV stands for low viscosity and the other ones will likely not be that unless specifically stated on the label somewhere.

The last thing a smart person should be doing there is screwing around with ATF viscosity, the very operation of the trans depends on that being exactly at what it should be.

As well, the OEMs spend far more money (millions) on tech designing that fluid than likely most oil companies will since the oil companies are not responsible for the ultimate trans performance.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, I'll checkout the dealership first and hopefully they're not marking up the price too much.

That being said, does anyone know what inner diameter vinyl tubing I should use to connect to the return port off the cooler? And is it safe to flush it with the engine idling or should I disable it and turn it with the starter?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I drop the pan install new filter and like 3-4 quarts of fluid every 30,000 miles
My current ATF is coming on 5 years old so I want to do a full flush. After this one I'll probably just do a pan drop and filter change without pumping the rest out of the torque converter.

But doing a full flush is a is pretty fun. I love seeing the old fluid coming out of the clear tubing followed by the new stuff. Already did it to my PS fluid, glad I did it because it was almost 10 years old at that point lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts