Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I did a forum search to try to prevent posting this thread but I did not come up with much.

Does anyone have any info on how to change the transmission gear oil in an 08' Focus? Haynes manuals are not available for it as of yet.

I'm also (assuming) here that the reccomended oil is the Motorcraft full synthetic fluid (I don't have the part # handy, but once used it in my Mazda Miata with good results).

If anyone can help with the reccomended fluid/oil type and where the drain and fill plugs are located, I'd much appreciate it.

This is my wife's car and it's got nearly 65K on it now, so I want to service the trans.

Thanks for any help that can be provided, even if it's just a link to a thread that has the info I need.

-Greg [driving]

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The fill hole is in the front its in the center half way up if looking from the front bumper its an allen screw.

The drain is on the side at the bottom its a bolt its dead center botom on the block side.

I would use ford trans fluid its like $20 a quart takes 2.2 qts

Reactions: viney266

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
^^^ Perfect answer...I ,too would recommend the Ford synthetic fluid...Its pricey, but REALLY good stuff

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWESOME!!

I very much appreciate that information and your response. Do you all have the part number for the fluid I need, I want to say is "MT-Q5-XX" (can't remeber the last two digits or the exact letter/# sequence......) I know it's "ford full synthetic manual transmission fluid" and my local Ford Dealer has it.

I think at 65K it's ready for a drain/service, but what is the factor spec? (Just curious) Thanks!!!

-Greg

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
AWESOME!!

I very much appreciate that information and your response. Do you all have the part number for the fluid I need, I want to say is "MT-Q5-XX" (can't remeber the last two digits or the exact letter/# sequence......) I know it's "ford full synthetic manual transmission fluid" and my local Ford Dealer has it.

I think at 65K it's ready for a drain/service, but what is the factor spec? (Just curious) Thanks!!!

-Greg
Hi Greg,

The part number for Motorcraft Full Synthetic manual transmission fluid is XT-M5-QS. The 2008 Maintenance Guide lists the transmission fluid change at 105k.

~Natasha

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the info, that part # sounds familiar! :) Thanks.

WOW, 105K for a drain/service interval seems like a LONG time, even for a synthetic fluid. It may very well go that long, but for $60 or so, I'm going to change it now, it's pretty cheap insurance, IMO.

Thanks again.

-Greg

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Ya 105k is a little long (I think). I do mine every 30k along with fuel filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts