Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the auto trans in the 08s are the same as in previous years. also has any one ever used the transbrake for the older transmissions

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
i would check with Tom at focuspower, or one of the other vendors about the trans brake... and if ford didnt change with the MTX for the manual cars, i doubt they dropped a new auto tranny into the mix.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the auto tranny is carryover

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
by transbrake, do you mean that thing that keeps your car from going anywhere and sets you up for a drag race? honestly, I think that would kill the auto trany in a focus in seconds. Who has a built auto in here?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
xp0sed had one, i think he sold his car...i believe Tom has built some too, and SquillyB had his upgraded a little but i think it was only line pressure from a tune.

and don't forget Admin Tom has a FS Stg2 Turbo on his auto with a prototype TQ converter, idk what else is in it

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool ill see what he has in that trans

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
^^^ did you fin out anything? I really want to know of a fofo with a transbrake.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
its more than likely not as beneficial on a FWD... sinse when the transbrake is released... the car will lean back and cause wheel spin, unless you have the suspension setup to drag and not let the car squat and keep the front tires planted.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[email protected] focus pwr thinks its a carry over. waiting to hear from lentech on the trans brake.
I imagine you would have to beef up the internals of the trans and stronger axles and definatly a corretly set up suspension

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
axles are iffy... Tom will even say they are strong enough, he never broke the set that were in his 700hp focus.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
axles that strong eh. thats cool

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
its more than likely not as beneficial on a FWD... sinse when the transbrake is released... the car will lean back and cause wheel spin, unless you have the suspension setup to drag and not let the car squat and keep the front tires planted.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think in our focus, we would be better of on foot brake.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's exactly what I was thinking. I think in our focus, we would be better of on foot brake.
ur probably right. I cant imagine that it would be fun to commute to work every day either

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
Tom is adamant that the axles are strong enough...and i agree with fhg, foot brake will probably be just as beneficial

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just heard back from Lentech on they said it is the 4F27E transmission. This is very awsome news, valve body and other misc parts here i come

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
the valve body is the shit, best mod we ever did to my buddy's atx

·
Registered
351 Posts
What brand and part no. on the valve body?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts