Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been working on redoing the door panels and since I had them off I decided to grab infinity components and wire in an amp and hi/low converter. The big problem is that the weatherproof hose on the door that usually houses wires has a sort of OEM connecter. I am lost on how to get my wiring to the components. Should I just a new hole and throw some weather sealant around the holes?

Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
i ran into this same problem.... i ended up just putting in the speakers and didnt amplify

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
You can release the door stops(the black flat rods)and drill a hole in the Molex. Just be very careful with the doors.

Or, just remove the door and drill the Molex.

And, do not mount the X-Overs in the door. Some Velcro in the Glove box goes a long way.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
there is nothing wrong with mounting the crossovers in the doors. i would reccomend doing that and then using the factory speaker wire for the input and your own wiring to wire to the woofer and the tweeter. you can run wire from your amp and catch all the factory wiring behind the radio to go out to the speakers. Ive done this on multiple cars. Unless you are trying to send 200W rms to each door speaker the factory wiring is more than adequate

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yah... The tweeters are 150 and the woofers are 300. I'm gonna redo all wiring. Looks like I'll be doing some drilling. Also, the crossovers are going to be placed in the side panel so that I can reach the decibel range button. Wish me luck I should have most of it done by today and I'll post some pictures if it gets done right.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Yah... The tweeters are 150 and the woofers are 300. I'm gonna redo all wiring. Looks like I'll be doing some drilling. Also, the crossovers are going to be placed in the side panel so that I can reach the decibel range button. Wish me luck I should have most of it done by today and I'll post some pictures if it gets done right.
You are on the right track. You always want easy access to your x-Overs for adjust-ability.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The first panels on and wired up nicely. Gotta wait on more wire from Amazon to get the second one back on. Took more wire than I thought. I'll wire it all back by Friday. I found an easy way to wire it up. Anybody want a tutorial while I'm on the second panel? It didn't hit me til right now.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Please do post a tutorial. Many people ask the very question that you had.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Cool man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts