Focus Fanatics Forum banner

9001 - 9020 of 9024 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Do you have a link for the shift boot and knob? Looks clean!
Knob is from what used to be Ford Racing and the boot is custom from RedlineGoods

Mac, i see you never installed the roof spoiler on your car. Is it available for sale ? :p
Absolutely not. It's going on this year, I hope....

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Did a little bit of detailing today. Took off the rear 'diffuser' and conditioned the plastic with Adams in&out spray, while I had that off I polished the exhaust tip and coated it with a sealant and then I did the wheels and sealed them as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Nabbed these off a Mustang at the junkyard. These are real aluminum compared to the softer rubber or plastic ones that came on the car. A small touch yet i like it a lot.

20170923_153430.jpg

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Nabbed these off a Mustang at the junkyard. These are real aluminum compared to the softer rubber or plastic ones that came on the car. A small touch yet i like it a lot.

View attachment 235289

Sent from my LGLS992 using FF Mobile
you can get matching interior door handles from a Five Hundred [cheers]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Since it's a picture thread...

1. In a garage for the first time near Wilmington NC
2. Newfound Gap, The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
3. Along A1A of the Florida Keys
4. Pikes Peak Highway CO
5. Somewhere near The Great Sand Dunes CO

I had to sell the car when I moved out of country so I shed a tear whenever I look back at all the adventures I've taken with my ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
I went in the bling direction and got bright ones from a Town Car or Grand Marquis, can't remember which. Now they match my door handles.

View attachment 235289

Sent from my LGLS992 using FF Mobile

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Aside from a rear disc brake swap a couple years ago, I've been busy as of late...

Sent from my SM-G965U using FF Mobile
Any problems with install? Airbags? Wiring? I've always wanted the better seats from older models but just can't justify losing airbag functionality.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Aside from a rear disc brake swap a couple years ago, I've been busy as of late...

Sent from my SM-G965U using FF Mobile
Any problems with install? Airbags? Wiring? I've always wanted the better seats from older models but just can't justify losing airbag functionality.
Nope. The biggest challenges were of course the airbag. It all depends on what you want to work. If you want to skip the airbags then you can use a resistor and that will keep the light off. Or you can do what I did that's a bit more time consuming and swap the air bags and wiring harness. The only soldering I did was to the seat position sensor, using the SVT one. Other than it was directly swapping the harnesses and seat belt buckles. Be mindful of what harness you get (unless you remove all the stuff from your original seats) because you cant use the seat harness from a 2008 as it's different from a 2010/11. The studs on the 2010 airbag didnt line up to mounting spot on the so I had to elongate one of the holes. The switch for height adjustment will have to have it's own power and ground. Bolt up just fine. The passenger seat is a chore with the occupant sensor. Only issue I have (if you want to call it that) is with the passenger seat done and hooked up, the airbag off light is illuminated until I sit in the seat. Not a big deal really. It will still function as needed. The sensor just thinks the recaro seat bottom is a lightweight person and turns the airbag off until someone sits in it lol

9001 - 9020 of 9024 Posts