Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really any benefit to EBC green pads for street use or should I go to the local parts store and pick up some cheapies

·
Registered
963 Posts
I dont think the ebc pads cost that much so get them. Hell I'm still on my factory pads with 86k miles lol. I need to start looking soon probably

·
Registered
652 Posts
Im still on my factory setup but my drums are starting to squeal. Guess its time for some brakes. 93k miles. Fronts look like they have about 30% left in them. Need to pull my drums off and see what the shoes look like.

My dads has an 07 F150 with 140k miles on the same brakes. He also had an 02 F150 and went 100k miles on the original tires. They had to be replaced from dry rotting not being bald.. lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
I ran my 2011 123,000 miles on the original brake rotors and pads.

The rotors were warped and vibrating like crazy from my daily rush hour commute so I pulled them off this past Monday to replace the pads and rotors and to my surprize the pads looked like new with very little wear.

Threw the new parts on and away we go.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Hey Willy, pass on the green stuff pads= massive dusty mess. I'd go w/ a svt bbk. Great time to do!!!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
If you want to run EBC's look at the red stuff ones. Have you looked at Brakeworld or Brakewarehouse ? I forgot which on has the Disc Italia rotors & pads, I'd check those out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts