Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. new here. just wondering what sites would have an upgraded rear sway bar for our cars. been looking around on the forum and other sites and cant seem to find one. any help/feedback is greatly appreciated!
i have a 2009 silver focus se coupe 5spd :) snowflake wheels too [thumbd]

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Let's get this over to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis.

You'll find that for sway bars anything for '00-'11 will fit.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not a problem, just getting it to where you can look around for more info..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has a rear sway bar. I've been seeing threads about some of our cars not having a rear sway? Why is that? Something in place of it?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Nothing in place of it, a smaller front with no rear is a more basic setup.

Yields a smoother ride & less "sporty" handling, car is more inclined to just go straight (understeer). Soft smooth ride with plenty of understeer gives classic big car feel, "safe & secure" to many.

·
So mote be it
8,961 Posts
Nothing in place of it, a smaller front with no rear is a more basic setup..
Basic also costs less [:)], which is what i think the main reason was. I want to say it was mostly S models that didnt come with them. Cars without, didnt even come with mounting bracket for the sway bar which sucked.

As for sway bars, the problem is hardly any of the websites/manufacturers list any bars for '08-11 even thouhg its the same setup as 00-07.

Anything listed as fitting a pre '12 focus will work for front and rear sway bars, so 00-11 will work. Focus Suspension / Chassis > Sway Bars. Same for tirerack.com just type in an earlier than '08 focus and you will get some choices

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotcha. Mines an se so what size and brand of rear sway do you guys prefer or heard good things about?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts