Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and am almost 95% sure I'm posting this in the wrong place, but bear with me. I've had my 2010 Focus SEL for nearly two years now, but just recently purchased black eagle eye headlights for it. Has anyone put these in before? Are they simple to install? Any help/advice would be appriciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome!

I'll slide this over to the MkII section to get the attention of other owners of that model.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's a pretty simple process, you'll need to remove your upper grille. There's some pushpins up top and a little clip down where it meets the top of the bumper. Once that's out you just remove the two bolts up on the top of each of the headlights and then you should also see a bolt for each that was previously hidden by the grille.

Here's the guide I used the first time: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161006

Reactions: StayFocused707

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I took my grille off to paint it and remove the emblem, I saw those push pins. It should be simple, and that guide will help a ton! Could I trouble you for some photos of the finished product? :)

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
My girlfriend and I swapped them in 25 minutes. It's not very hard and everything is plug and play. Take the 6 grill rivets out. Pull grill out. Three bolts on each headlight and pull them out, replace the bulbs that need to be replaced, and plug the harness in.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My girlfriend and I swapped them in 25 minutes. It's not very hard and everything is plug and play. Take the 6 grill rivets out. Pull grill out. Three bolts on each headlight and pull them out, replace the bulbs that need to be replaced, and plug the harness in.
Lookin good Willy.

·
Registered
489 Posts
6K 55w HID's and switchback LED turn signals really make these pop!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Silverstars in stock housing is nice. The projectors with provided bulbs are better. It is illegal to run hids in these headlights

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
They're halogen projectors, have you even ran halogens in your lights?

That's with the halogens that are provided which is just a basic headlight bulb, any decent bulb would blow HIDs out of the water. Most people that originally got these got them for HIDs and most switched back to stock or switched back to a halogen. Only a few pages back there was someone that went from HIDs to silverstars and said the Silverstars were night and day.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I'm not saying switch them out if you already have HIDs but if your HIDs have any issues I would strongly recommend getting a nice halogen bulb and try them out, most places offer refunds if your not satisfied.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm not saying switch them out if you already have HIDs but if your HIDs have any issues I would strongly recommend getting a nice halogen bulb and try them out, most places offer refunds if your not satisfied.
The Eagle EYE lights come with halogen bulbs installed. Yes they were run with halogens. Have you tried HID bulbs in either the stock halogen reflector housing or the EAGLE EYE assemblies? I have done both. The biggest problem with the halogen projector is that the cut off isn't as sharp as a true hid projector. The halogen reflector is incapable of controlling hid light output. It scatters the light everywhere and blinds oncoming traffic. The only issues you would have with hid bulbs in a halogen projector is that they look ragged (as in soft cut off). This is much more preferable to hid in a halogen reflector. No it is not DOT approved. I think you are taking this a little far. Is your NOS setup approved for public road USE? I guess you only ever have used it at the track and Mexico, right?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Actually it has only been ran on the track, and you just proved my point, it's made for halogens, halogens will work better. No I don't have HIDs in neither because HIDs generally look like ass, especially in stock housing. My neighbor has the same focus as me except two door and he's not even getting half the output as I am. It's just scattered light which blinds people. There's a big difference between illegal tint and illegal headlights, because everyone I see with HIDs in stock housing I want to plow off the road, ain't ever been mad because I couldn't see the dude next to me.

·
Registered
403 Posts
My only point is that you sound hypocritical to me. Breaking the law is breaking the law. It's all in how you justify it. You hate aftermarket hid. I get it. People like aftermarket HID lights and will continue to use them. So I guess you will just have to keep hating.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts