Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting but anybody know a rough price idea for a back glass for my hatch I live in Missouri? This happened yesterday evening due to a baseball size hail storm. Put a hold on my build but oh well not the best looking or fast (yet anyways) this was wat she looked like before the storm minus the spare tire. Any one have any great ideas or build on budget on these 2nd gens

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Where do you live in Missouri? I'm in independence and I just checked a price list at the you pick salvage yard nearby me and a hatch with glass is $50. You likely wouldn't find the same color, but it would keep the rain out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South of rolla closest pick and pull I springfeild or Lebanon color wouldn’t matter to me at all I plan on painting eventually but $50 that’s a lot cheaper then I would of thought are them back hatches hard to replace?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
50 is the price for one at a yard near me, check what some of them in your area are asking for, but probably not much different of a price. 00-07 is what you're looking for and all of them have heated glass, third brake light, washer nozzle, and a rear wiper, so it will hopefully be priced as one unit. They aren't hard to replace, just a little difficult if you're doing it by yourself because it has to be aligned with the panels on the sides.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s what I figured thanks man one these days we need to get some guys and gals together and get a meet set up

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeah, I'm good with that. A group of us in the midwest used to meet up every once and a while but I think most of them have moved on. Maybe after this virus thing passes we can get something going!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So what’s the best mod for the 2.0 love to find a exhaust for mine something deep but raspy aggressive type thinking bout just fabing something idk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The exhaust I am replacing tomorrow is a modified first gen modified MBRP with a center magnaflow resonator. The flange is moderately rusted, but I'll check the condition after I remove it. I'll sell it to you pretty cheap if you have any interest. Unfortunately I don't have a sound clip but you can search "MBRP focus" on YouTube and get an idea. The center magnaflow gives it a nice note, especially if you have a header.

If you're wanting to modify anything, I recommend you start with a cold air intake. You can either buy one for around ~$200 or make one. I believe you can search for "stealth CAI" and do it fairly inexpensively. Another good mod is a header. OBX has a good one and it's a mock of the old cosworth. You can find them on eBay all day. Intake, header, and exhaust is what most people start with. You should install a tune with those upgrades or you will definitely throw a check engine light. Plus, the tune will unlock more hidden potential. Those add-ons will free up a noticeable amount of power, even if you do them individually.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay yeah I’ve noticed at bout 70 it falls flat on its nose. Granet it needs the fuel pressure regulator replaced and it’s still got the factory style air box 213xxx miles on it idk if that’s what’s on the air box I’ve had the car bout a year and just now getting the urge to play with it some. And it had plugs done bout 2500 miles ago(8months ago) lol can’t even get it to bark the tires lol just grabs and goes. What are I trying to get outa the exhaust

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just last weekend I replaced my OEM air intake on my ‘07 ZX5, also with 213,xxx miles.

It cost about ~$40 and found all the instructions on YouTube.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just last weekend I replaced my OEM air intake on my ‘07 ZX5, also with 213,xxx miles.

It cost about ~$40 and found all the instructions on YouTube.
Oh okay yeah everything I’ve seen was around 200 just for a factory set but I’m thinking bout just buying a tube from the parts house and a decent cone filter and make my own cai

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The exhaust I am replacing tomorrow is a modified first gen modified MBRP with a center magnaflow resonator. The flange is moderately rusted, but I'll check the condition after I remove it. I'll sell it to you pretty cheap if you have any interest. Unfortunately I don't have a sound clip but you can search "MBRP focus" on YouTube and get an idea. The center magnaflow gives it a nice note, especially if you have a header.

If you're wanting to modify anything, I recommend you start with a cold air intake. You can either buy one for around ~$200 or make one. I believe you can search for "stealth CAI" and do it fairly inexpensively. Another good mod is a header. OBX has a good one and it's a mock of the old cosworth. You can find them on eBay all day. Intake, header, and exhaust is what most people start with. You should install a tune with those upgrades or you will definitely throw a check engine light. Plus, the tune will unlock more hidden potential. Those add-ons will free up a noticeable amount of power, even if you do them individually.
The mrbp 2.5 sounds amazing almost like my old d16 civic that sound i sure do miss

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time posting but anybody know a rough price idea for a back glass for my hatch I live in Missouri? This happened yesterday evening due to a baseball size hail storm. Put a hold on my build but oh well not the best looking or fast (yet anyways) this was wat she looked like before the storm minus the spare tire. Any one have any great ideas or build on budget on these 2nd gens
[/QUOTE Not sure where you are exactly but I use picknpull for part's

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
20 Posts
Here's the archived link for the stealth CAI:

(I'm planning to do it myself, and so tracked down the Internet archive version)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts