Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 ZX5 OEM radio - cd player stopped accepting CDs. When I try to put a cd in, it won't automatically pull in the disc. After I was sure that it wasn't temporary, I pushed with force a cd all the way in. Nothing. Luckily the eject still works.

So, I want to get a replacement from the local junkyard. While I'm at it, I'd like to upgrade to an OEM unit with the 6 disc in-dash. Will it fit into the same opening?

Or if a single disc in-dash unit with aux input exists, I'd go with that.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Try Crutchfield if you buy a head unit they include the wiring harness, faceplate adapters, removal tools, and instructions. If you must have a stock radio check ebay or the for sale section here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
So, I want to get a replacement from the local junkyard. While I'm at it, I'd like to upgrade to an OEM unit with the 6 disc in-dash. Will it fit into the same opening?

Or if a single disc in-dash unit with aux input exists, I'd go with that.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
My guess is that junkyards won't have 2007. I had really hard time finding 1st gen Focus. I found two so far. Both were totaled, bloody, and cut up really bad by fire fighters. And they are about to get crushed too.

Your best bet is Craigslist, eBay, and Classified section on Forums. Post a "Want to Buy" add as well.

I recommend going with aftermarket headunit. Instead of making CD's, get something that reads iPod/AUX In/USB. Much more convenient in my opinion. You can get decent aftermarket headunit for really reasonable amount now days. Also get "wiring kit" for around $5 off eBay so that you won't have to cut any wires and can go back to stock headunit in few minutes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts