Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 ZX3 SE just rolled 250k miles and going strong. Does anyone have more miles than me?

·
Cars&Corgis
4,448 Posts
Good lord man, what do you do for work? Drive to Mexico City every day?? I have 85k on the body of my 06, and ~10k on the engine or so. What kind of oil/filter/gas do you use?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought it from a local dealer as a 1 owner trade w/241k for a little over scrap. They were gonna junk it!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Thats American quality! You always hear the guy with the Honda or Toyota blowing their horn on miles. Here you go, I only have 99K on mine but driving it to 200K as its been reliable as hell! Let us know when you hit 300K!!

·
Sonic's Mk3 Crew #17
4,888 Posts
Crap that's a lot of mileage! I bet the dealer didn't expect to sell that one.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Well, I am the antithesis with less than 25K. The fun part is all the mailers I get from Ford saying I am late for my 40K (or whatever it is) 'checkup'. I bring it in for an oil change about once per year (still with less miles than spec'd on the sticker).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, then how about you? What kind of oil/filter/gas/other maintenance do you do that keeps it running strong?
Just always do regular maintenance. Always drive my cars hard but maintain them well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crap that's a lot of mileage! I bet the dealer didn't expect to sell that one.
We are actually a car dealer where I work. It was a new trade in on a Nissan. We bought it wholesale and when I drove it back I told the owner I was buying it. Don't think the dealership wanting everyone to know a ford would go that long. [80?]

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
Sig car has 188,xxx on it.

But being the OP didn't put the miles on the car, I feel it's pointless to ask questions. Putting on 8k vs 24x,xxx ...

'American quality', LOL.
Mexican quality you mean?

·
Registered
26 Posts
That is incrediable !!! just goes to show that if you perform routine maintance on a car, it can last a mighty long time ! [driving]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts